Rooted in Christ

Rooted in Christ

Wednesday, 11 November 2015

Repost - written last year

TUESDAY, 17 JUNE 2014

An attempt to share some of my jumbled thoughts. Reposting don't have anything much new to share at the moment.

Okay that is a start, I have put the title.  I want to try and share and break open this writing block.

Just recently things have been more rocky than usual for me.  I have struggled, but I must say at this point, I have all the time felt the presence and help of Our Lord with me.  However He does not promise us an easy time, He promises us Joy in the midst of circumstances and eternal life and a place in Glory with him.

Joy I have learnt, does not mean happiness, everything okay, on top of the world feeling.  No it means looking to Jesus not the circumstances whether they happen to be happy or sad at any given moment.  It means J = Jesus, first - O = others second and Y = yourself last.  Sounds fairly easy, if you read it quickly doesn't it, but I would guess I am not the only one, who finds it anything but easy, especially some days.

I often tell myself and others remember we FIGHT from VICTORY, not to Victory.  I want to encourage myself and them.  But recently I have felt, battle weary, worn out and fed up with fighting.  (anyone relate?)

Yesterday I went to my Zumba class, I almost didn't go, although I do really enjoy it.  I felt so, so tired and I ached all over.  However, I was pleased I pushed myself and made the effort, I had a few smiles and giggles at some of the moves we have to do, I also wondered, about the fact, that standing upright there, I can move, fairly quickly, follow most of the moves, with some slight adaptations :) and stay the course.  However, because of a restriction in my lower back and tendency to frozen shoulders, anything that requires bending, lifting, carrying etc, is a no-no, or if I do it, I suffer and cannot do much at all for a few days.

So, as I danced and jigged about to the music, throwing arms and legs here there and everywhere and wiggling various parts of my anatomy, I day dreamed.  I wonder about many things.  What will I be able to do in heaven, what will that be like, will there be ageism, sexism, will my body be only able to perform some functions and not others.  Until recently, I didn't think too much beyond  this life, I believed the promise of no pain or tears in heaven, but didn't tend to think about how we would recognize one an other and what age we would be, regardless of what age we left this life.   I didn't, I suppose think we would still have a body as such.  It was good to know Jesus had gone ahead and prepared a room for me.

Well, I said my thoughts were jumbled and I know I tend to go off on tangents, I am apt to do that at bible studies in groups.  One tangent I went off on, was, as a member of the Worldwide Body Of Christ, we are all able to perform different functions, whatever age, whatever gender.  Instead of feeling, as I have recently, where do I fit in here, I am older than some, younger than some, have different circumstances, different abilities, "oh poor me" type thoughts.  Perhaps I need to ask God, given my age and my gender and the seeming restrictions and regulations where I am now in my life, what do you want me to do.

I was also thinking, what will it be like in Heaven and how do we or I survive being hurt and hurting others, being misunderstood and misunderstanding others etc.  That is probably enough details for now.  But I am going to try more to look beyond this world to the promises of eternity and to make more of an effort to lead others to Jesus.  In my town this week, we have  Passion for Life events taking place, we are being encouraged to speak to others of Jesus and to bring them along to the various events, this is something I do not find easy at all. I did however go over to a couple of friends at Zumba and invite them to an event tonight our church is holding in the local Costa Coffee, I don't know if they will come or not, but I feel happier than I did, that I have now  extended 3 invitations to different people to different things and it is now in God's Hands, hopefully the seeds have been sown, I may never see the harvest reaped, but guess I may know in Heaven.



Hope all this makes some sense.  Have a blessed week.








1 comment:

  1. "We fight from victory."

    Nita, that really stood out to me as I was reading your post today. So often in the battles of life, I feel defeated. What a reminder - Jesus has already won the war, and He fights with us in our life battles. Victory is sure! This was most encouraging to me today. Thank you.

    GOD BLESS!

    ReplyDelete

Love getting comments from friends. However having to moderate comments for the first time, due to some spam.